Greetings From The Dug

Hello, friends and family, it is I, Meg, the dug! I have asked Mary Ella to translate a letter from me. We have posed it in the form of an interview, so that it would make as much sense as possible.

M.E.: What do you think is your favourite part about being in Scotland?

Meg: I love runs on the beach, because it’s so huge. I also love the dug food here. It’s much better than at home.

M.E.: And what’s your least favourite part?

Meg: All the dugs have very thick Scottish barks, and they’re hard to understand. Ex. ROUUFFFFE! (Editor’s note: This last bit was -sadly- impossible to translate.

M.E.: What do you think is your favourite Scotland memory so far?

Meg: Hands down, it was when we went to Ballinluig, the cottage in the Cairngorms. There were pheasants in the backyard, and I got to chase them!

M.E.: Do you have a least favourite memory?

Meg: Probably right now, just because I have pink eye.

That’s all I have for you today, so, as said by Greyfriars Bobby,

ARF!

-Meg

If you want to follow:
error

6 Comments

1. Nathan | | Reply

Editor’s note: The pinkeye is all cleared up as of this posting. For the UK readers, “pinkeye” is the US nickname for conjunctivitis.

2. Granddaddy | | Reply

Excellent questions, Mary Ella. I see you might have a great future as an interviewer. Your facility with languages is a great asset, especially with animals. I wonder what you would ask a gator?

• Mary Ella | | Reply

I would ask it if it had ever been mistaken for a crocodile. 😂

3. Nana | | Reply

Mary Ella,
    Very creative conversation. But look at this bit of information on talking dogs. Nana

It might sound like something out of a cartoon, but thanks to a group of scientists in the USA, doggy dialogue may actually become a reality!

A team at the Georgia Institute of Technology have created a computerised doggy vest that can help our four-legged friends better communicate with their owners – it’s a new field of science they’re calling “animal-computer interaction.”

4. Alison | | Reply

Hello there, Meg. How wonderful to learn you are a letter writer and deep thinker! Enjoy every minute of beach running and pheasant chasing, and keep practicing your accent!

• Meg | | Reply